The Safe Moving and Repositioning Techniques (SMART®) program© is designed to assist workers with identifying and managing/eliminating risks associated with manual handling of objects/materials. SMART training includes in-depth review of assessment process, object moving techniques along with information on lifestyle choices, anatomy & physiology and biomechanics/ergonomics. For additional information on our SMART programming or training sessions contact Irene Berns, Coordinator. For licensing information click here.
For access to the trainer and instructor resources, please LOGIN in at the top right of your screen.
The SMART Advantage
- based on current research
- consists of three levels of intervention - administrative, engineering and behavioral
- focuses on self, environment and object assessment process
- customized training specific to department and/or facility
- instructor level offered (instructors are qualified to teach the Train the Trainer program to employees of the licensee